Wednesday 9 March 2011

Starting up...

Hi,

I am Laszlo, .* developer at Duct-tape Solutions Inc. I am working for about 11 years in the information technology industry and I use java probably for 10 years on a daily basis. This is my new blog about java tools focusing on performance. Topics that I would like to cover:
  • Performance considerations of java core classes
  • Comparison of standard implementations, e.g. Tomcat versus Jetty, ActiveMQ versus HornetQ
  • Architecture - architecture is where most projects go wrong
  • Scaling out: Clustering and computation models - e.g. hadoop versus terracotta
  • Scaling up: Concurrency, memory, garbage collector and other JVM parameter tuning

Guidelines for posts:
  • I will share the test code for each post. I will have a mercurial repository at google code
  • I will use maven as build tool whenever possible, just to keep things simple.
  • Graphs
  • Description of the hardware and software environment. OS, java version, java runtime parameters, hardware components and so on...
Anyway, this is my first blog in english, sorry about the grammar mistakes. I hope you will enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment